In this article, you’ll learn all about MOPA fiber lasers. You will also get a guide on how to buy one for your business and what’s best in that category.
Lasers are significant innovations that perform an essential part in many industries, including automotive, medical, aerospace, oil & gas, electronics, and more. Among these innovations, the MOPA laser is a great invention, that can mark, engrave etch products for credentials, or decorative purposes.
The MOPA laser generates a power source that provides more amplitude and pulse frequency from 1 to 4000 kHz. It has different engraving effects over metal and plastics as compared to fiber Q-switched lasers technology.
MOPA laser offers an amazing solution for better finishing on plastic materials and etching different colors on titanium, stainless steel, or aluminum. With this technology, you can efficiently expand the possibilities of marking metals and plastics.
What is a MOPA Laser?
The Master Oscillator Power Amplifier (MOPA) refers to a configuration that consists of a master laser and an optical amplifier to improve the output power. The MOPA fiber laser is an innovative and advanced system that helps to get an amazingly efficient way for your investment.
It is a flexible system that can be used for pulse duration, and to simulate the features of traditional fiber lasers. The marking machines use a modulated seed laser to promote dynamic oscillation parameters. MOPA lasers are recommended for high power output and pulsing frequency ranges.
The MOPA arrangement provides better hold over peak power and pulse width by pulse tune functions that maintaining high repetition rates at high power output. In brief, MOPA fiber laser provides separate tuning on altering laser parameters. This system is usually optimized to generate quality colors and a prominent visual impression.
What are the advantages of MOPA laser for your application?
MOPA configuration is principally more complicated than a laser. The heat-affected zone is reduced for lower pulse energy that results in more feasibilities for laser marking of metals and plastics. The MOPA concept can have certain advantages:
- MOPA lasers provide the highest beam quality and long diode life
- The optical intensities are low amplifier, as compared to intensities in a laser
- A gain-switched laser diode gives more flexibility that can be favorable to neglect the additional optical elements
- It is simple to combine an existing laser with an existing amplifier instead of developing a higher output power laser
- It is simpler to achieve the expected performance with a MOPA instead of a laser e.g. the required power is high for linewidth, beam quality, wavelength tuning range, or pulse duration
- It may be useful to modulate the low-power seed laser by adjusting the amplifier’s pump power or adjust an optical modulator between the seed laser and power amplifier
What materials can a MOPA Laser engrave?
The MOPA laser marking machine can engrave over:
- PC plastic
- PLA plastic
- PBT plastic
- ABS plastic
- Carbon steel
- Silicon plastic
- Stainless Steel
How does MOPA Laser Marking Machine Work?
Marking machines satisfy the requirement for identification and traceability of material by creating a permanent or temporary mark. The MOPA configuration consists of two gas discharge chambers:
- The master oscillator is a single-frequency laser that is used to insert lock lasers and the optical amplifier
- The power amplifier improves light to boost the output power
Surface oxidation is the principle of laser color etching. Scientifically in the presence of air, material surfaces react to develop thin oxide layers. The material surface is heated by using a laser beam, to form a thin oxide film.
After maintaining the material surface temperature, you can get a uniform color. The intensity of the oxide layer grows to forms a thin film impression. The oxide layer is useful to protect the material against scratching and corrosion.
The color laser etching for acrylic is achieved by adding a color dye powder. This works with regular engraving then pressing a special powder on the engraved material by laser machine.
What is a MOPA Fiber Laser?
The master oscillator generates a highly stable beam that is amplified by the optical amplifier to boost the output power. If the laser system comprises a fiber amplifier to increase the output power, it is termed master oscillator fiber amplifiers (MOFA).
MOPA fiber lasers can modify and increase the output power without altering the geometry or performance to achieve power scaling. With these fiber lasers you can mark and engrave on different types of surfaces and materials.
These lasers use semiconductor diodes and a doped fiber optic cable that works as the resonator and gains medium. The gain medium also contains rare-earth elements like ytterbium, erbium, dysprosium, neodymium, thulium and praseodymium. MOPA fiber lasers are reliable and efficient technology.
MOPA Fiber Laser Marking Machine
The MOPA fiber laser marking machines use Q-switched technology that supports the power supplier to produce the path light within 1 to 500 kHz. It shows great effects for marking metal, for example, stainless steel, silver jewelry, gold, anodized aluminum, and metal alloy, etc.
The MOPA fiber laser marking machine marks black color on the Anodized aluminum metal. The price of the MOPA fiber laser marker is somewhat higher so if you don’t need black color marking on anodized aluminum, then choose a common fiber laser marking machine.
The fiber laser marker is compatible with software such as AutoCAD, Photoshop; PLT, DXF, BMP and PCX, etc. It produces a higher rate of marking speed over plastics and metal materials.
What are the advantages of a Fiber Laser Marking Machine?
Fiber laser marking machine gives the ideal solution for etching metals, plastics, nickel plating, and many other materials. The MOPA laser provides versatility in combinations of laser parameters and can be perfectly adjustable to the material.
The high beam quality and the tiny spot size support micro marking. There are multiple benefits of the fiber laser marking machine:
- High precision
- Variable pulse duration
- Low energy expenditure
- Highly effective operation
- Highly effective operation
- Most powerful beam quality
- Up to 100,000 hours diode life
- Effective marking and etching
- EZCAD durable performance
- Smooth finishing of deep etchings
- Up to 7000mm/s fast marking speed
- Suitable with Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10
- High output power and high optical quality
- Up to 70% electrical-optical conversion rate
- Maintenance-free design and economical price
- Air-cooling with air temperature working potentials
- High power output and extended oscillation durations
HeatSign offers effective fiber laser engravers. You can contact us to get MOPA laser marking machines that are proficient in fast marking on varieties of metal and plastics.
What is MOPA Fiber Laser Price?
The fiber laser engraving machine price includes the expense of the following items:
- Spare parts
- Software and system
- Tax rates
- Shipping costs
- Customs clearance
- Technical and service support
20W MOPA fiber laser marker price varies from $5,500.00 – $6,800.00. Jpt 30w fiber laser marker cost is from $1,900.00 – $5,200.00. Jpt MOPA m7 laser engraver cost is from $2,000.00-$4,000.00.
JPT 20W MOPA Fiber Laser Marking Machine
It is a color laser etching machine for marking on stainless steel. The jpt 20w MOPA fiber laser marker is also called stainless steel marking machine as it creates a different bright color on mirrors and stainless steel.
This marking machine uses air cooling with a protection circuit rather than water cooling to solve the bugs of the YAG or semiconductor laser marking machine. A powerful stability system guarantees the long-term performance of the jpt 20w fiber laser marking machine.
Which materials can JPT 20w Laser engrave?
The jpt 20w MOPA fiber laser color marking machine is broadly applied in a phone case, electronic parts and components, light penetration key, electrician electric appliance, integrated circuit, communication products, glasses and watches, auto parts, and stainless steel industries.
The fiber laser color marking machine can engrave over metals, plastics, electroplate coating materials, epoxy resin, plastic rubber, ceramics, etc.
Benefits of JPT 20w MOPA Fiber Laser Marker
- Metal Deep Etching
- Air-spaced design
- Theta Scan Lens
- Less than 1% distortion
- Metal Surface Processing
- High output and durability
- High-efficiency AR coatings
- Color marking on stainless steel
- High-Frequency line Processing
- Black color on anodized alumina
- Intense pulse shaping controllability
- Semiconductor and electronic precision
Jpt 30w MOPA Fiber Laser Marking Machine
Jpt 30w fiber laser has higher peak power to do better engraving than 20w laser. It also possesses excellent cutting performance that can cut a maximum of 1mm gold and 0.7mm silver.
Benefits of Jpt 30w MOPA Fiber Laser Marker
- Silicone Keypad Marking
- Metal Deep Engraving
- The high precision digital scan source
- Communication Mode for Automation TCP/IP, IO, RS232
- The machine compatibility with software such as, Photoshop, and AutoCAD, etc.
Which materials can Jpt 30w Laser engrave?
These laser markers are suitable for aluminum, stainless steel, brass, copper, gold, silver, diamond, sanitary equipment, food packing, glasses, clocks, auto parts, plastic, paper, and nylon, beer, and drinks labels.
JPT MOPA M7 Laser Marking Machine
JPT M7 is high-power pulsed fiber lasers. It uses MOPA configuration to gives the best laser performance and the highest temporal pulse shaping controllability. Compare to the Q-switched fiber laser, the pulse amplitude and frequency of the MOPA fiber laser can be controlled by modifying different combinations.
In this way, high power output and more feasibilities for laser marking of metals and plastics can be achievable. The high output power is useful for fast marking purposes.
Benefits of the JPT MOPA M7 Laser Marker
- controllable pulse
- Adjustable first pulse
- High-speed response
- Large area engraving
- User-friendly interface
- Metal surface processing
- Aluminum black marking
- 1~500ns pulse width range
- 1~ 4000kHz pulse frequency range
- Black and color marking on stainless steel
- High marking effect on plastic and other materials
- Semi-conductor and electronics industrial applications
From where to Buy MOPA Laser Marking Machine?
HeatSign have 10 years of experience in direct marking technologies and marking machines, laser engraving cutting machine, plasma cutter, CNC routers, and fiber laser cutter. We offer CNC machines with CE and ISO9001 quality certification.
Our goods are extensively used in various industries such as:
- Package Printing
- Art-making, models
- Electrics and CAD/CAM
- Marking and laser sealing etc.
We offer high-quality products at a discounted price. You can contact us to buy our products, our support team is ready to help you in choosing the right marking machine for your application.
We ensure our inspection and control for the selection of materials, testing, fixing technology, packaging, technical support, and reliable service.
Applications and Industries for our Products
HeatSign offers effective fiber laser engravers. We specialize in MOPA laser marking machines that are competent in fast marking on varieties of metal and plastics.
- Laser marking of metal & non-metal material and other products stainless steel, silver, gold, copper, hardware tools, aluminum alloy, ceramics, acrylic, plastics, organic materials, thermo-elastomer rubbers, papers, etc.
- Hallmarking on Gold
- Engineering and automotive industries
- The electronic industry like Capacitor, IC, PCB, inductor, control panel, connector, and other instruments
- Cosmetics, bottle, food package, advertisement, and sign crafts, etc.
We provide a variety of high-precision marking machines and turnkey process automation solutions. Our highly adaptable laser marking machines design charming text, logos, graphics, and data codes on a broad range of materials.
Our marking solutions can suitable various industries. We have strong expertise in the product marking industry that helps to reduce the operating expenses.
Our packaging standards
We securely pack the machine and paste the shipping mark to ensure that the buyer can easily recognize it. Moreover, a safety sign is used to warn the transporter to protect our equipment during shipment. Our packing standards include:
- Pack the belt
- Thick cling film
- Six-sided pearl cotton
- High strength wooden box
- Thick cling film
Our Services and Strength
We have more than 10 years of experience with marking machines and technologies. Our expert team available to test and adjust the machine before delivering, so you can operate it directly.
Our Pre-sale service
You can send us your file for sample testing, we will mark it and show you the effects to check quality.
- Free sample testing
- High product efficiency
- Customized machine configuration
Our After-sale Service
- Lifetime software upgrades
- Customer and technical support by call or email
- Compact wood packaging for secure and safe shipment
- Internationally approved CE, FDA, ROSH certificates
- Automated marking processes according to demanding quality standards
- We provide you an English user guidebook and operating videos with a laser marking machine
We would be glad to guide you on the optimal selection of laser machines for your use. Get the benefit of our years of experience in laser application testing, demonstration, and consultation.