Computer Numerical Control or more popularly known as CNC machines are an essential part of every workshop/hardware manufacturing factory. The quality, efficiency, ease of human-machine interface, cost, and other such factors play an important role in the selection of the CNC machine. This article will take you through the top CNC machines in 2020 that you must know about. By the end of this article, you will be able to distinguish between the best CNC machines of 2020 that you can utilize for your workshop.
The Top Ten CNC Machines in 2020
We have categorized the CNC machines by the best available CNC machines in 2020. This means that every CNC machine is a trade-off between certain factors. These factors include price, efficiency, upgradability of the software, compactness, stability, durability, and quality of marking. As a result, the ranking is not strictly indicative of which machine is the best in the market. However, it shows the various features as to why the machine can be considered as one of the top ten CNC machines in 2020.
CNC Piranha XL is another great industry-grade CNC cutting machine. The CNC engraver is a state of the art creation of the Next Wave Automation. The CNC machine offers a 304.8 x 609.6 mm work area, with a milling depth of 101.6 mm. Other main features of the CNC Piranha XL include auto-edge and rational sensing technology. This means that the machine automatically locates the workpiece and identifies its size. Furthermore, the machine also detects the starting point of the job automatically.
On the other hand, it comes with Windows-only design software called the Carve Desktop V8 design. This enables the users to directly send the completed designs to the router via USB.
The price of the CNC machine is a bit on the higher side. However, if you are looking for automated functions offered by the machine, plus professional touch to your wood milling jobs, then you should go for the router.
The router is currently priced at $ 2499 on Amazon. However, you can check out the latest price of the CNC router machine for the latest updates in pricing.
- Professional CNC marking machine
- Works on multiple surfaces including wood, plastics, and soft metals
- Has automated features that make marking extremely easy and smooth
- Comes with Windows-only software, which limits its usability
- The price tag is a bit on the higher side
Another very popular CNC engraving machine is the JFT 3040 3-Axis machine. The CNC router is a wonderful balance between quality and price. Furthermore, it has a sturdy metallic frame, which enables is to market efficiently on metals. One of the key features of the CNC cutter is that it is water-cooled. This feature enables it to operate for longer operation.
Moreover, the hardened Aluminum gantry and ball-screw provides great strength and stability to the design. Another amazing feature of the CNC engraving machine is that it accommodated various different software, such as, the CopperCAM and the ArtCAM software. Therefore, users are not limited to using single software.
The Machine also includes two-phase stepper motors. These stepper motors provide the necessary torque (.59NM) required for the operation. In addition the spindle can reach speeds up to 24000 RPM. Thus, the amazing combination of power and speed makes this CNC router a really powerful tool for the industry. Also, it has a considerable work area of 558 mm x 350 mm.
And amazingly, this industrial-grade machine is available for under $3000.
- Provides great power and speed
- The strong and firm body enables to engrave metals
- Water-cooled engraving allows for longer operation
- Can operate with a variety of different software
- Needs monitoring during operation
When talking about power and versatility in CNC machines then you cannot miss out on MillRight’s CNC engraving machine. The CNC machine has a fully metallic body which gives it great stability and strength during milling operations.
The router is mounted with ball-screws on a pair of axles. Thus, it gives extra stability to the machine and the final quality of the product is higher. Plus, a bearing shaft works with a high-torque stepper-motor to move the router around. Since the machine is highly stable and has a durable design, it affords engraving into metals, including steel.
The CNC Router’s kit comes with homing switches. In addition, there is an emergency stop switch for extra protection required during the milling function. The software for the CNC machine is Fusion 360. To get the machine at your place of liking, you will have to discuss the modalities with MillRights via their website.
- High-quality engraving
- Sturdy frame
- Contains emergency stop switch
- Limited software option
The Carbide 3D Shapeoko is one of the best industrial-grade CNC machines available in the market. The CNC engraver is compatible with a lot of router bits. Depending on the dealer where you get your machine from, you can also get a DeWalt 611. Also, some dealers also offer the Makita router to power the CNC machine. Furthermore, the CNC Machine is capable handling materials like woods, plastics, and metals. This makes the CNC engraver one of the most versatile machines available in the market.
Moreover, Carbide has its software to work with. Thus, you can use the Carbide Create and Carbide motion software to create amazing designs. This also adds to the versatility of the machine and the smoothness with which you operate. The markable area from the CNC machine is 406 x 406 mm. Thus, you can mark quite a formidable piece of product with this CNC router machine.
You can also benefit from the slightly larger versions of the CNC miller. The Carbide 3D Shapeoko XL and XXL offer the cutting area of 406 x 838 mm and 838 x 838 mm respectively. To get the latest price of the machines, you can visit the Carbide 3D CNC Router website.
Another popular CNC engraving machine is the HeatSign’s CNC engraving machine. With a working area of 1300 mm x 2500 mm this machine is an absolute beast when it comes to the industrial applications of the CNC engraving machine. Furthermore, the machine gives a 200 mm depth (Z-axis) engraving option. It also can work on multiple materials including wood, wax/resin, foam, plastic, glass, stone, and metal. This makes it one of the most versatile CNC engraving machines in the market. Moreover, the machine has a maximum traveling speed of 30,000 mm/ minute. This ensures that your designs are ready in an extremely short time. Also, the CNC machine features the G opde as the software and DSP Handheld Controller/ NC studio/ Syntec as the working system. These state of the art tools make the CNC machine as a easy as a breeze to operate.
- Can engrave on a variety of materials, including metals and acrylic
- Has a very large working area that makes it suitable for industrial applications
- The engraving speed is extremely high. This enables you to complete multiple complex designs in a very short period
- The CNC machine can be applicable in multiple areas of industry including architecture, advertising, creating prototypes, plastics and composites marking and marking on metallic bodies used in the manufacturing industry
- The after-sales support is excellent. You can get technical support on the issues 24/7 after the purchase has been completed
- You need to order well in advance because of the high demand for the machine
- Need proper expertise to operate the machine
When it comes to CNC laser cutting machines, HeatSign has the best to offer. HeatSign’s laser engraving machine is a state of the art CNC machine that provides you with professional-grade marking schemes. The CNC machine comes in 2 variants with HS-9060 having an engraving area of 900 mm x 600 mm. And the HS-13090 having an engraving area of 1300 mm x 900 mm.
The CO2 laser CNC marking machine is ideal for engraving on non-metallic materials. The materials that can be marked with the CNC laser marking machine are wood, bamboo, jade, acrylic, leather, garments, marble, paper, glass, rubber, and other non-metallic materials.
HS-9060 model has a laser power requirement ranging from 60, 80 up to 100 Watts. The power of the laser depends upon the setting and the requirement of engraving. Furthermore, the HS-13090 laser CNC engraving machine has a laser source range of 80W, 100W, and 130W depending upon the requirements of marking. Moreover, the marking speed of this CNC machine is extremely high. This enables you to produce multiple engravings in a very short period. Also, the laser CNC machine uses Lasercutist as the software. This state of the art software makes it extremely easy for the users to operate the machine.
- High engraving speed (60000 mm/min)
- Low power consumption
- Supports multiple graphic formats like PLT, DST, AI, DFX, BMO, HPGL, etc
- High precision marking with CO2 laser engraving technology
- Works only on non-metallic materials
The air-assisted powerful CNC laser cutter is a powerful tool to have in your factory. The CNC laser cutting machine is compatible with programs like CorelDraw and AutoCAD. Designed for soft materials like wood, plastics, etc, you can use the machine to engrave into almost all materials except hard metals. However, that is a tradeoff for the quality of engraving the machine offers. Furthermore, the CNC machine has a marking area of 1400 mm x 900 mm. This makes it one of the largest workspace CNC machines for the price range.
The CNC machine costs around $ 4900 on Amazon. But the price can vary depending on the shipping and other custom charges that may apply to your shipment.
- Large engraving area
- Can engrave into a variety of materials (except metals)
- Air supported laser engraving offers high precision and quality to the finished products
- Designs can be uploaded using USB
- Heavy machine (almost 800 pounds)
- Cannot engrave into metals
- Expensive machine
BobsCNC E3 CNC Router Engraving kit is one of the most popular entry-level CNC engraving machines in the market in 2020. This is because BobsCNC E3 provides a balanced option, covering all the aspects of a good CNC engraving kit. It is also ideal for beginner level users as it has all the basic options that can be easily operated. A few of the major advantages of this CNC router is inexpensive, produce great markings, and promises customer satisfaction. Here is a summary of the Pros and Cons of this CNC router engraving kit.
- Very easy to assemble the unit
- It’s instruction manual to assemble the machine is extremely easy to follow
- The design is compact and well researched
- The CNC machine’s frame is very stable and provides a high quality of the finished product
- Also, the post-purchase support service is outstanding
- The Human-Machine interface of the CNC engraver is extremely easy to adapt to.
- Ideal for miniature marking schemes, especially wooden carvings and plastic materials
- The operation is considerably noisy. Which means you need to wear ear protesters near the machine to stay at peace
- Although the assembly of the machine is easy to accomplish, however, it does take time to assemble completely
- The machine shows precision when it comes to acrylic or harder materials
- Suitable for entry-level users and not for professional level engraving
Summing up, the engraving machine is an ideal router kit for entry-level users.
The Genmitsu 3018 Pro takes its name from the engraving size that it supports. i.e. the Genmitsu 3018 has an effective marking area of 300mm x 180mm. The CNC router is compatible with Windows XP, 7, 8, and 10. This makes it diverse and usable by every person who owns a computer.
Another important aspect of the Gemnitsu 3018-Pro CNC router kit is that it’s built on an open-source arduino platform using Grbl. This means that reading the G code becomes extremely easy. Also, motion control is more precise and controllable by the user.
- Easy to use and set-up
- Good for beginners
- Compatible with multiple versions of Windows
- Not very high quality of the finished product
MYSWEETY 1610 CNC Machine is one of the best top 10 CNC engraving machines in 2020. This is a popular entry-level CNC machine that is available for merely $ 200 on Amazon. But the machine is extremely basic and you shouldn’t be searching for all the fancy features of a professional CNC engraving machine. The machine uses Windows-only software. Furthermore, it can engrave on wood, acrylic, PVC, and PCBs. The high-speed spindle motor and stepper motor makes it a compact set for all the newbies out there.
- Cheaply available
- Can mark/engrave a variety of material
- Easy to use
- Very basic features
- Not good for professional engraving tasks
- The final engravings are not of very high quality
Choosing the best-suited CNC engraving machine for your business can become an issue if you do not have the specific information on the topic. However, you shouldn’t worry at all since we at HeatSign have a team of experts that are anxiously waiting for your queries. In case you want any sort of technical guidance on the issue of engraving machines, you can contact us via our Contact Us page.