Have you seen some very nice designs on stainless steel yeti cups being used by picnicking, hiking or holidaying folks?
Do you wonder how these guys have lain their hands on these precious gems?
Yeti mugs have quickly grown to become top favorites among all the products from drink ware.
They are perfect for souvenirs, and you need to know about them. Their features, uses, and how you can engrave intricate and highly personalized patterns on them.
So let us discuss that in this article.
Investing in Travel Cup Engraving
Travel mugs are in vogue, especially in the US and Canada.
Stainless steel cups are becoming a very attractive option for picnics and tours.
Hence, small businesses and DIY enthusiasts may want to start engraving cups and selling them, or surprising their loved ones with intricately marked souvenirs.
Laser engraving is a very good option because of the various advantages that it brings.
If you want to engrave travel metal cups and you have no prior experience, you can easily get started using laser technology quickly because the laser engraving machines operate just like a normal printer connected to a computer with very few differences.
All you need to master is what parameters to vary for each engraving operation.
Hopefully, all the settings and parameters used to match the engraving work will be saved and debugged in the factory’s laser engraving software.
However, you can learn how to work with your own designs if you choose a supplier who gives after-sale advice on how to do it.
So in case you love using the engraved Yeti cups and want to make an extra buck in laser engraving, you can consider giving it a try.
Engraving Yeti Cups
These pieces of drinkware have become the cups of the moment the world over especially in the US and Canada. Laser engraved cups are very popular especially around the festive seasons.
The cups are made from double wall vacuum insulation and kitchen grade stainless steel, making them rust and puncture resistant.
This type of insulated cups is capable of keeping hot drinks hot, and cold drinks cold as you drink from them. And this is hugely desirable for outdoor convenience.
Yeti mugs are considered to be gifts of choice for friends and families and most outdoor enthusiasts love them. They are practical and economical.
Made of stainless steel, the they are therefore perfect candidates for customizable patterns like personalized numbers, names, logos or images.
And what better way to etch, than through the use of laser technology?
In previous posts, we have demonstrated how versatile laser etching are when it comes to metal etching.
And we will show you how the technology can be used on metal cups.
Choosing the right laser engraver for metal cups
The main way in which you can achieve good laser engraving is through fiber laser marking. CO2 laser marking is not suitable for metals.
Fiber lasers can be used on all metal types.
These machines are high efficiency long lasting options especially for the stainless steel that is used on metal cups and all the other travel mug options.
They are very versatile and can be fitted with rotary axes to effect very high quality marking.
They do this by marking with a high output laser power and engraving speeds of up to 9,000mm/sec with a variety of marking and engraving depths that don’t puncture the cups.
Fiber laser engraving machine’s lifespan is long. Manufacturers are guaranteeing 100,000 work hours. There are no consumables, and they mainly cool using normal air, and also need little maintenance.
The stainless steel mugs or coated metal cups fiber laser engraved images are clean, vivid and accurate.
Chinese fiber laser machine makers like hanslaser and HeatSign are giving flexible options for machines that can be used to do this marking.
Depending on what type of cups you want to engrave;
- Tell the supplier what kind of cups you want to engrave. What is your cups material,size? This will allow them to give you the right options in terms of speed, engraving depth and patterns you want to achieve.
- Specify the number of pieces you want to do per shift to allow them select the right machine.
- Do a price and feature comparison for several options online before you make a purchase. Is your return on investment going to be possible at the time you want?
- Look at the payment, shipping and after sale options that your supplier is giving.
How to engrave the mugs
When you get your machines, you want to start your work right away.
To do great designs, you should have the following;
- The fiber laser marking machine with fitted a rotary axis to achieve good marking.
- Your yeti or other travel mugs.
- CerMark Metal Marking Spray (12OZ).
- Denatured Alcohol or any other organic cleaning solvent.
- Towel or cloth.
- Mask and gloves (Personal Protective Equipment).
- Dip your towel or cloth in the alcohol and thoroughly clean the outside of your cups. This is so that you can remove any fingerprints, oily smudges or dirt scratches that may undermine the quality of the laser mark.
- Apply the CerMark, ensuring that you shake the can well to homogenize the spray mix. You must apply the CerMark Spray well onto the design area so that you achieve best results.
- Leave the cups to dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Load your design onto the computer.
- Place the cup onto the rotary axis, and press the start button to start the marking.
- After the printer finishes, release the cup, check your marking and set the cup aside.
- You can now rinse your cups to remove the excess CerMark spray, which should easily come off, and pack them ready for delivery.
Ensure that your supplier has given you the right guidance on the amount of laser power and speed you need to achieve the marking depth you want without damaging your cups.
Some Marketing Tips for Your Engraving Work
After mastering the engraving laser machine operation, you can always run your business by opting to sell customized metal cups to your friends, or online.
If you get a more extensive scale laser engraving tasks as you go, the cost of service can always be lowered through outsourcing.
It is also possible to develop other selling and marketing channels to help boost your metal mugs customization business by creating a blog that showcases your work, social media marketing and personal selling.
With the popularity of engraved cups on the rise, it is important for you to know the essential things concerning laser engraving for metal cups.
In this article, we have explained how laser technology is best suited for these types of engraving jobs, and how you can set about creating designs for a good business in this niche.
You also, most importantly, you now know how to select the best fiber laser engraver for your specific needs. If you interested in the laser engraving machine for metal cups, feel free to contact HeatSign.